My first trip of the year was a whistle-stop (and slightly snowy) visit to Amsterdam with KLM for the city’s Light Festival, followed by a wintery breaks to Falmouth in Cornwall and a visit to a new country on a ski trip to Bansko in Bulgaria. Spring saw me explore my own backyard in the Cotwolds and Cheltenham.
Coming up: Next up I’m heading on a rail adventure through France and Italy in May, followed by return to Canada and one of my favourite cities – New York – in June.
My top ten travel wishlist
- Mayan temples and stunning beaches in Southern Mexico and Belize
- Listening to jazz in New Orleans
- Wildlife safaris and sand dunes in Namibia
- Speeding across Japan on a bullet train
- Walking the coast path of Italy’s Cinque Terre
- Island-hopping around the Caribbean
- Watching the Northern Lights from the Arctic Circle
- Sailing past glaciers in Alaska
- Wine-tasting in the vineyards of South America
- Exploring the wild Scottish Highlands