After completing the challenge to Take 12 Trips in 2014, 2015 and 2016 – with at least one trip every month, whether it’s a day out, weekend away or international trip – I’m carrying it on into 2017. My first trip of the year was a whistle-stop (and slightly snowy) visit to Amsterdam with KLM for the city’s Light Festival.
Coming up: Next up is a trip to Cornwall and a return to my old uni city of Exeter. Then I’m heading to a new country on a ski trip to Bulgaria. And I’ve got lots of ideas to fill the next 12 months – read more.
My top ten travel wishlist
- Mayan temples and stunning beaches in Southern Mexico and Belize
- Listening to jazz in New Orleans
- Wildlife safaris and sand dunes in Namibia
- Speeding across Japan on a bullet train
- Walking the coast path of Italy’s Cinque Terre
- Island-hopping around the Caribbean
- Watching the Northern Lights from the Arctic Circle
- Sailing past glaciers in Alaska
- Wine-tasting in the vineyards of South America
- Exploring the wild Scottish Highlands