My first trip of the year took me to Guadeloupe in the Caribbean for sunshine, rum punch and Death in Paradise location hunting. Next up was a trip to Krakow and Auschwitz in Poland and a weekend in St Andrews in Scotland. May was all about the islands with a week in Malta and Gozo and a return to the Caribbean – this time to Saint Lucia. Then the sunny summer months saw visits to Wimbledon for the tennis, Munich for the beer gardens, a week in the mountains in Morzine in the French Alps and a wine-tasting trip to the Côtes du Rhône.
Coming up: I’ve moved to Scotland to study for a Master’s degree in sustainable tourism, so will be exploring the area with trips to Edinburgh, the Lake District and a Scottish rail trip.
My top ten travel wishlist
- Mayan temples and stunning beaches in Southern Mexico and Belize
- Listening to jazz in New Orleans
- Sailing around the Italian lakes
- Wildlife safaris and sand dunes in Namibia
- Speeding across Japan on a bullet train
- Island-hopping around the Caribbean
- Watching the Northern Lights from the Arctic Circle
- Sailing past glaciers in Alaska
- Wine-tasting in the vineyards of South America
- Exploring the wild Scottish Highlands