My first trip of the year took me to the winter wonderland of Rovaniemi in Finnish Lapland for husky and reindeer rides through the snow. Then I headed back to Dumfries in Scotland to finish off my Master’s degree in sustainable tourism. After my last essay was handed in I hit the road (or rather rails) for a train trip to Paris and Lake Como in Italy before exploring the beautiful Scottish Highlands. After spending summer at home I headed across the Atlantic to cruise Alaska and road trip around the Canadian Rockies. Then autumn saw me head back in Scotland for a road trip around the Isle of Skye.
Coming up: I’m finishing the year in the UK, with a few Christmas market trips in the pipeline.
My top ten travel wishlist
- Mayan temples and stunning beaches in Southern Mexico and Belize
- Listening to jazz in New Orleans
- Sailing around the Italian lakes
- Wildlife safaris and sand dunes in Namibia
- Speeding across Japan on a bullet train
- Island-hopping around the Caribbean
- Watching the Northern Lights from the Arctic Circle
- Lazing on Greek Island beaches
- Wine-tasting in the vineyards of South America
- Exploring Scotland’s Shetland and Orkney Islands.