After completing the challenge to Take 12 Trips in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 – with at least one trip every month, whether a day out, weekend away or international trip – I’m carrying it on into 2018.
My first trip of the year took me to Guadeloupe in the Caribbean for sunshine, beaches, rum punch and Death in Paradise location hunting. Next up was a trip to Krakow and Auschwitz in Poland, a return to the lovely Log House Holidays in the Cotswolds and a weekend in St Andrews in Scotland. Then in May I got a much-needed dose of sunshine with a week on the islands of Malta and Gozo.
Coming up: Next up I’m heading back to the Caribbean, this time visiting St Lucia, before a mystery European trip in June.
My top ten travel wishlist
- Mayan temples and stunning beaches in Southern Mexico and Belize
- Listening to jazz in New Orleans
- Sailing around the Italian lakes
- Wildlife safaris and sand dunes in Namibia
- Speeding across Japan on a bullet train
- Island-hopping around the Caribbean
- Watching the Northern Lights from the Arctic Circle
- Sailing past glaciers in Alaska
- Wine-tasting in the vineyards of South America
- Exploring the wild Scottish Highlands