After completing the challenge to Take 12 Trips in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 – with at least one trip every month, whether a day out, weekend away or international trip – I’m carrying it on into 2018.
My first trip of the year took me to the island of Guadeloupe in the Caribbean for sunshine, beaches, rum punch and Death in Paradise location hunting. Then next up was a weekend in Krakow in Poland and a return to the lovely Log House Holidays in the Cotswolds.
Coming up: I’m exploring close to home over the spring before visiting my 50th country with a week on the islands of Malta and Gozo in May.
My top ten travel wishlist
- Mayan temples and stunning beaches in Southern Mexico and Belize
- Listening to jazz in New Orleans
- Sailing around the Italian lakes
- Wildlife safaris and sand dunes in Namibia
- Speeding across Japan on a bullet train
- Island-hopping around the Caribbean
- Watching the Northern Lights from the Arctic Circle
- Sailing past glaciers in Alaska
- Wine-tasting in the vineyards of South America
- Exploring the wild Scottish Highlands