My first trip of the year took me to the winter wonderland of Rovaniemi in Finnish Lapland for husky and reindeer rides through the stunning snowy scenery. Then I headed back to Dumfries in Scotland to finish off my Master’s degree in sustainable tourism.
Coming up: Once that final essay is handed in I’ll be back on the road. Coming up is a trip to Lake Como in Italy and a tour of the Scottish Highlands. Check out my other 2019 travel plans.
My top ten travel wishlist
- Mayan temples and stunning beaches in Southern Mexico and Belize
- Listening to jazz in New Orleans
- Sailing around the Italian lakes
- Wildlife safaris and sand dunes in Namibia
- Speeding across Japan on a bullet train
- Island-hopping around the Caribbean
- Watching the Northern Lights from the Arctic Circle
- Sailing past glaciers in Alaska
- Wine-tasting in the vineyards of South America
- Exploring the wild Scottish Highlands